Posted on Nov.17, 2008, under Misc
An excellent book – very comprehensive, organized both by phylogeny of parasitic organisms and by animal host. Includes a great chapter on therapeutics! Lots of great pictures, both of various stages of the parasitic organisms and lesions caused by clinical disease.
"New to the eighth edition is a table of scientific names and the roots from which they were derived. This table, listed on the inside front and back covers for easy access, should make it easier to learn the many scientific names encountered in the book. The book is packed with valuable information for veterinary practitioners engaged in the treatment and prevention of parasitic infections and infestations. The book is a very readable and a useful reference, covering important parasites and diseases encountered in veterinary practice. Just as the title suggests, it presents the essential knowledge base of parasitology for veterinarians."
- Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians
- Exploring Animal Behavior: Readings from American Scientist Reviews
- Veterinary Medicine: A textbook of the diseases of cattle, horses, sheep, pigs and goats
- Slatter's Fundamentals of Veterinary Ophthalmology: With VETERINARY CONSULT Access (Hardcover)